In November 2020 the Simplify Prior Authorization white paper was introduced at the Benefits Breakfast Club and the Prior Authorization Q&A Blog was developed to respond to questions and clarify important issues like payer autonomy, funding of the initiative and the benefits of simplifying the current prior authorization process.
We promised to give you updates and further insights as we progress. We are pleased to announce that the Simplify Prior Authorization microsite is live and we encourage you explore it.
Here’s what you’ll find there now:
- /Access to the Simplify Prior Authorization white paper
- /A summary of white paper findings
- /A summary of white paper recommendations
- /A podcast section that will include interviews with steering committee members, sponsors, key opinion leaders and advisors
- /A blog section that will provide you with new insights and updates on the SPA initiative
- /Contact details for further information or if you have an interest in getting involved or supporting this initiative.
Check the SPA microsite regularly for updates, including new podcasts, blogs, plus listings of our steering committee and working groups coming soon.
Challenges and New Solutions in the Prior Authorization Landscape
On April 19th and May 3rd, 2022, the Simplify Prior Authorization (SPA) initiative hosted webinars for patient groups and advisors/plan sponsors on the Challenges and New Solutions in the Private Prior Authorization Landscape.read more...
Specialty Drugs and Prior Authorization: Challenges and Solutions – Summer Webinar 2022
On June 22, 2022, the Simplify Prior Authorization (SPA) initiative hosted the third 2022 webinar, this time with insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, and patient support programs as our target audience. The webinar explored the current prior authorization (PA) process in the private and public sector, the progress towards a viable electronic prior authorization (ePA) solution to improve the process and a new online education resource for stakeholders currently under development.read more...
Prior Authorization – The Future for Insurers and PBMs
Find out more about the role of insurers and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), payers, in the prior authorization (PA) process.read more...